Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Happy Birthday, Momma!

So you know how you always hear people saying that once they became parents they had a new appreciation for their own? Well, in some ways I think this is true. I hope that I have always shown how much I appreciated and love my parents, but moving into becoming a mommy makes me think about it even more.

So, to celebrate my mom's birthday, I wanted to share some of my favorite memories of growing up and why I appreciate my Momma. I remember going to museums and to the park with Krystals. I remember hours and hours and hours of shopping. I remember sending so many things to her for editing that there are too many to count. I remember having beautiful, princess birthday cakes and the perfect sweet 16 surprise birthday dinner. I remember always being able to go down to her room at school when I needed something ... always getting mail, no matter if it was summer camp roll-call, my first day at college, or my apartment in Indiana.

I remember being proud that my mom was a teacher and being proud (ok, sometimes smug) of the fact that my mom was always at everything and involved in everything I did ... my vacation bible school teacher, sunday school teacher, girl scout troop leader, 8th grade english teacher, beta club sponsor, cheerleading camp supporter, Make-A-Wish sponsor, and on and on and on. I remember learning that my mom had been praying for my happiness and future husband every day.

I can only hope that my son or daughter will have some of these same memories some day.

I am blessed to have my Momma.





Hopefully, I will have some wonderful photos and memories just like these over the next year with my own son or daughter. I have alot to live up to. I love you, Momma!!

ashley

No comments: