
Well, my first mother's day truly was a happy, happy day.As you can see, Eden sent me lovely flowers (a hanging basket of pink begonias) and had them delivered on Saturday. I think she may have had a little help from her Granddaddy and CC on this one since her Granddaddy always sends flowers for special occasions. These begonias on my desk will certainly help to make the next few months of writing the dissertation and being in the same room all the time a much more lovely process.
Eden also gave me a wonderful gift on Sunday, with the help of her Daddy. It is a custom frame with spots for a picture of the two of us, a place for our hand prints to go, and a sweet poem about Eden's tiny hands and remembering this day for years to come. Eden and her Daddy have gotten off to a great start in the gifts department.
And, since I didn't have the camera within reach while relaxing in the bed, I had to use the next best thing. So, we now have great new background photos for our phones ...
Then Eden and I had a relaxing visit with Suzy -- her last visit with Eden before Suzy heads for a great adventure in New York City for the summer. Later in the day, Eden and I lounged on the couch while her Daddy got some work in (thanks, Suzy, for the new magazine!).
Graham and I finished out the day talking about our little miracle ... deciding who'd get to take the first shift for sleep ... and trying to guess how big our little girl would be at her 2-month check-up. Well ,we had her 2-month check-up today ... goodness, how she has grown. We'll post the details soon.
Happy late Mother's Day to all the mommies out there!



No comments:
Post a Comment