Monday, June 30, 2008

Eden Wishes Michael a Happy 30th Birthday

The last night Chip and Christy were in town one of our good friends, Michael Preyss (Dad to the Bodie-blog-famous Ethan), celebrated turning 30 and his first father's day. His wife, Stacey, decided to throw him a surprise party ... we're always game for a little surprise. The last time we were at a surprise party, Eden was still a glorious thought. This time she, in her glorious state of realness, was able to join in on the fun.


It was nice to see all the friends we made while attending Faith Baptist Church, and Chip enjoyed grilling hamburgers and hotdogs ... suppose it takes a Southerner to grill right.

Michael LOVES cupcakes - so, Stacey had his cake made of cupcakes.


Stacey had set up several games in the backyard to keep the adult children occupied. One of those games is "Cornhole." It is quite popular in Indiana, yet I had never played. So, when Chip challenged me to a game, I manned up - hey, we're only here for a little while longer.


We formed teams and played best two-out-of-three. We won the first game, and Team Chip won the second. The final game came down to the wire. It was 13-14 and Team Chip was ahead. Fifteen wins.

It was my throw. The first throw landed on the board for a score of one. All tied up. I need a ringer to win. I reared back, struck a pose, and let go.

The bag glided through the air and ... whoosh ... in the hole for a 2-point toss and the WIN! Chip was devastated. He does not like to lose ... but he did. Sorry, Chip.

Meet Alex, Michael's sister ...

Alex is the one who suggested Eden's name - just two weeks before her birth. We were at Ashley's shower, and Alex was in town for a visit. "I think you're having a girl. Can I tell you some girl names that I love?" she asked. The first one was Eden (the others were Sophia and Willow). We're glad Eden finally got to meet the person that helped to name her!

No comments: