Wednesday, December 17, 2008

End of Semester Review: Sleepy baby and baby hair

After NCA, we came back to Baton Rouge to teach. Then, it was back in the car.

On the drive to Jackson from Mobile, Eden's baby hair was really noticable in the sunlight. It has really filled in now ... when she was born she had "old man hair" -- a ring around back from ear to ear.






Speaking of hair, over the summer Ashley's hair loss was scary. She lost literally handfulls throughout the day. After consulting with doctors and nurses, the most information we got was "If you start to see bald spots, definitely give us a call." !! Seriously? Well, it is supposed to be normal, and the medical professionals said it would start to grow back once her hormone levels got back to normal, sometimes only when breastfeeding is over.



This picture was taken on November 4, a few weeks after Eden stopped nursing completely. Ashley had her own baby hair!




It has gotten better as the weeks have passed. No more bald spots, and only a few hairs come out per day (as opposed to a few hundred). Whew!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I lost so much hair, too!!! It was awful. The bathroom floor was filthy all the time. And my brushes...ew! I'm glad to know I wasn't alone. Eden is adorable!!

Maren said...

I always lose my hair, too. It's gross. The only good thing about it is that I don't have to get my hair thinned when I get it cut. :)

I am seriously considering cutting my hair short again just before this next baby. The mess wasn't as bad with short hair as it was with medium/long.